senior java developer for an educational company
Currently we are looking for a remote Senior Java Developer for an educational company for our team.
The customer is an American educational company which deals with content, technology, and services company for the higher education. It is one of the largest and leading education publishers worldwide.
As part of consolidating customer’s learning platforms they are migrating all STEM (science , technology, engineering, math) content to a single target platform. This process involves converting millions of content items and assets (typically, XML created by custom content authoring tool and then rendered by some run-time content service).
- Development and code reviews.
- Analysis and work break-down.
- Effort estimation (both tasks and mini-projects).
- Status updates to Customer during daily stand-ups.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong experience with Java 7-8 SE, Spring MVC
- Proficiency with XML tools & libraries, XPath, XQuery, XSL-T
- Experience in developing parsers & converters
- Marklogic (XML DB) knowledge, or readiness to quickly familiarize oneself with its APIs
- English B2 or higher (direct communication with client's technical teams and project manager)
- Personal traits: flexibility, ability to collaborate with the customer on clarifying task definitions and propose solutions, ready to work in classic agile environment (as opposed to scrum)
- Knowledge of:
- Apache Spark
- Spring Boot
- Ability to develop simple front-ends (Full-stack capability)
- Knowledge Python for simple data processing / ETL would be a plus
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.