senior java developer for an information services company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Java Developer to join our global team.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The project is focused on designing, architecting, and building software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support customer’s products and services
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met
- Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts
- Experience with Spring, Microservices (Netflix OSS)
- Experience with Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL
- Advanced understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, networking, and security
- Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly-facing web applications
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Understanding of DITA
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- AWS platform
- Microservices: Spring Cloud, Kubernetes, ISTIO
- Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka, ZooKeeper
- ETL: StreamSets
- Monitoring: Sumo Logic, Datadog, Opsgenie
- UI/UX: React/Redux, Node.js
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.