senior java developer for insurance company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Java Developer with 3+ years of experience with IT projects and at least 3 fully participated and delivered projects to join our team.
The customer is an American worldwide health services organization. Its insurance subsidiaries are major providers of medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, and related products and services, the majority of which are offered through employers and other groups.
You will be working in the project team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output.
The project team is responsible for our Client’s in-house developed IT solution in Individual & Family Plan segment, which includes integration platform, workflow engine and a few portals. This solution is a part of an end-to-end US Retail Platform for browsing, learning, shopping, purchasing, billing and enrolling in our Client’s medical, dental, behavioral, and medical supplemental products. The team strives to enable the Client’s organization to satisfy business customers by continuous delivery of valuable and high quality software that drives business performance.
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
- Design, implement, test, deploy, maintain and document solutions, participate in code reviews
- Implement back-, middle- and front-end parts of applications, integrating and testing them
- Manage the multiple source repository, cherry-pick changes and maintain release repository, maintain release config repo in parallel to current development
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Occasionally support new releases and business activities during after-hours or weekends
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with IT projects, at least 3 fully participated and delivered projects
- Deep understanding of all things “database” - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures/functions on Oracle DB
- Being able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily
- Proven ability to design & build complex technology systems
- Experience on drawing up system and low-level designs
- Customer facing experience
- Solid communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience in SDLC, especially testing and deployment
- Experience with Agile delivery (Scrum)
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns and comfort with the latest architectural paradigms
- Willingness and possibility to travel to other Client’s delivery center locations across Poland and US
- Have a ‘full-stack’ mindset, willing to learn and work on different aspects of application
- English of B2+ level
nice to have
- Microservices/Enterprise Integration Patterns, Messaging systems (JMS/AMQ/WMQ), Rules Engine
- Preferably BRMS
- Mongo DB/Hadoop experience
- Experience in working within cross-location teams
- Experience delivering in SAFe delivery model
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance domain
- Business Driven Development (BDD) / Specification by Example
- Java11: Collections, Threading, streams, new language constructs, etc.
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Webflux/Reactor.io
- Oracle, MongoDB
- JMS, Kafka
- Reactive Microservices on OpenShift
- Angular7 for front-end components
- JUnit5, REST Assured, JBehave
- Apache Camel, JBoss Fuse, Drools, MyBatis
- AWS (incremental migration)
- CI/CD: Git/GitLab CI, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, OpenShift
benefits for locations
- Discounts on health insurance, sport clubs, shopping centers, cinema tickets, etc.
- Stable income
- Flexible roles
- 100% remote work forever
- EPAM hardware
- EPAM software licenses
- Access to offices and co-workings
- Stable workload
- Relocation opportunities
- Flexible engagement models
- Free trainings for technical and soft skills
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- Language courses
- Free access to internal and external e-Libraries
- Certification opportunities
- Skill advisory service
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.