senior java software engineer for a publishing company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Software Engineer with 4+ years of Java experience and a deep knowledge on the principles of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, Test Driven Development to join our team.
The customer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors.
The main pool of tasks is associated with support the team to extend and maintain the content crawling engine for the largest commercial system in the Netherlands. With a proper sized scrum team, high quality code being build is moving quickly to production.
- Build new crawlers to retrieve relevant Legal content
- Develop replacement crawlers and make improvements to the content retrieval systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 4+ years backend Java experience, including profound experience applying unit testing (Junit, Spring Batch, Spring Integration)
- A deep knowledge on the principles of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, Test Driven Development (Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Likes to develop test-driven in a way anything can be tested to determine the impact on the rest of the code
- Demonstrable experience using Jenkins, containers, web-scaping, and XML processing. Any experience on Spring, OSGi, Cucumber is a considered a pro
- Experience in SQL (SQL Server, Derby)
- Can talk/write English quite well (no need for perfection, but understandable is necessary)
- SOLR or Search experience is a plus
- English Level: B2+
benefits for locations
- Discounts on health insurance, sport clubs, shopping centers, cinema tickets, etc.
- Stable income
- Flexible roles
- 100% remote work forever
- EPAM hardware
- EPAM software licenses
- Access to offices and co-workings
- Stable workload
- Relocation opportunities
- Flexible engagement models
- Free trainings for technical and soft skills
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- Language courses
- Free access to internal and external e-Libraries
- Certification opportunities
- Skill advisory service
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.