senior java software engineer for a streaming service provider
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Java Software Engineer with 3+ years of development experience in Java and Spring framework experience to join our team.
The customer is an American subscription video on demand service controlled and majority-owned by the business segment consisting of streaming services and overseas media businesses of one of the world's biggest mass media and entertainment conglomerate.
The scope of tasks is associated with back-end development for user services.
- Work on building out the core back-end services
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of critical back-end services
- Build highly scalable and available systems that are well tested and maintainable
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve product and business requirements
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future
- Be part of the design and implementation of streaming platform
- 3+ years of development experience in Java
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Good command of Java 8 or above
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and coding skills
- English level - B2
nice to have
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with AWS S3, EMR, Redshift, Data Pipeline, Athena and Kinesis
- Experience with streaming and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Druid, Flink, Cassandra, Columnar Databases and Graph Databases)