senior .net developer for media company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior .NET Developer to join our team.
Our customer is the developer of a platform for sports betting and gaming businesses worldwide. The company's platform is capable of processing a high number of bets per second and has a built-in risk management platform, enabling gamblers with an easy and glitch-free source to place their bets.
Our tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
You'll bring your experience and knowledge to the team to implement complex work and guide more junior developers. Just like anyone in Software Development, you’ll be hungry to learn, but you should already be familiar with working on commercial systems. Depending on your level we’d expect you to be aware of design patterns and principles appropriate to your experience and the systems you have worked on, and of course have an excellent grounding in C# OOP programming.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
- Implementing sections of functionality or making updates to existing features
- Ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards definitely by the development leads
- 3+ years of commercial experience in .NET with C#
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Participate in releases, and/or out of hours on-call availability as needed
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.