go to search
senior python.core developer
Senior Python.Core Developer
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Python.Core Developer to join our team.
- Develop and support an in-house application that provides bespoke risk management tooling to Derivatives traders
- Must liaise directly with both traders and quants to establish requirements, develop and test new functionality
- Develop and support the end-to-end software development lifecycle, being involved in all activities: design, development, testing and deployment, ensuring our tooling and processes are enhanced as we evolve
- Provide BAU support to ensure high availability. We have a commitment to ensure that there is always at least one developer available during business hours
- Work with other IT teams to build or define required interfaces and architecture
- There is the potential for this role to develop into a technical leadership role for the right candidate
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Senior/advanced Python programming skills
- Experience of developing complex, business-oriented functionality with limited or fluid requirements, under tight timescales. This may have been gained on any trading floor or similarly paced environment
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment of Python applications
- Disciplines that support Agile software development: automated testing, Continuous Delivery, code review, pair programming, specification by example, etc.
- Testing software (TDD, BDD, py.test, mock)
- Writing software that is compliant to the SOLID principles. Passionate about writing clean code, refactoring, aiming to find simple solutions for complex problems
- Version control with Git. Experience using the workflow based on forks, branches and pull requests presented by GitHub.
- Relational SQL databases
- OTC/Derivatives trade life cycle and position management experience would be highly regarded
- Comfortable interfacing with mathematical pricing models (options preferably)
- Commodities / Energy front office trading experience
- GUI development using Qt5 / PyQt5. (Even better: Enaml)
- ORM for SQL Databases, ideally SQLAlchemy
- MongoDB (interfacing from Python)
- Advanced distributed / concurrent programming
- Conda (using conda as package manager and, even better, having used conda-build to build and distribute your own conda packages)
- English level B2+ and higher
nice to have
subscribe to EPAM Anywhere vacancies!Hundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.