The customer is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in approximately 190 countries. It provides leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk, and fighting financial crime.
The main pool of tasks is associated with driving out the effective design and delivery of existing and future products to the customers.
- Act as a technical thought leader and architect across all teams delivering end user digital solutions to customers, particular for teams building out the product line
- Work with Innovation, Proposition and Product teams to define the digital product roadmap and to act as a key technical partner in their day-to-day activities
- Provide design and architecture leadership and governance to delivery teams, ensuring standards are met and the platform and applications remain world-class
- Drive out the simplification of our end user architecture – pushing for legacy applications and platforms to be refactored and removed
- Act as a key SME for all UX delivery
- Drive out improved delivery of digital products through improved processes, tooling and standards
- Operate as a key source of innovation in the products we offer to customers – take an active role in the identification and delivery of new revenue generating products
- Provide direct support of sales activities with clients. Also provide delivery and architecture input to all customer onboarding and migration programs
- Carry out ongoing work item sizing and initial design as new items are provided to the work intake process
- Provide direct input into the ongoing provision of open standards tooling and frameworks that enable our customers to build out their own applications using Refinitiv sourced data and services
- Ensuring the technical architecture is well documented
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack end user application design, build and delivery
- Effective UX design skills
- Experience of integration with back-end data, content and analytics services
- Experience in building applicable automated testing components alongside the applications
- Ideally experience of micro-frontend UX delivery (we are adopting a new AWS and Azure hosted UX application delivery and deployment platform that utilizes CDN capabilities for application presentation along with serverless services for the provisioning on middle tier UX containerized services and functions)
- Direct experience of building services in languages such as Node.js and Python (and to a lesser extent Java and Go) is valuable
- Have expanded from direct development and delivery to the provisioning of digital technical architecture leadership to teams
- Strong background in designing and architecting digital solutions is required (for web applications, and an extensive mobile application platform, as well as building out new offerings within collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Slack and Symphony)
- Experience in using Jupyter Notebooks would be valuable
- Experience in AWS and Azure, designing cloud-based applications is valuable
- Strong understanding of effective data API utilization
- Strong knowledge of identity and access management, data security and perimeter security would be very valuable
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.