2nd line support engineer for video game company
Currently, we are looking for a remote 2nd Line / Environments Support Engineer to join our team.
The customer is an American video game and software developer and publisher, developing a commercially available game engine that also powers their internally developed video games.
This role handles Tier 1 and 2 support tasks.
- User support, troubleshooting, responding to Jira tickets, answering to users through slack or phone calls
- The team will be working on 24x7, participating in on-call rotations, this will include holiday coverage and eventually weekend support
- Experience using help desk ticketing system (JIRA Service Desk is a plus)
- Strong understanding of desktop components and desktop architecture
- Experience using backup/recovery software for desktops
- Experience building and repairing custom desktops
- Experience using remote support tools (example; Dameware)
- Maintaining desktop documentation (Confluence is a plus)
- Experience dealing with incident troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP routing and network protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues, for wireless, LAN, and WAN
- Basic understanding of how DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO plays in a desktop ecosystem
- Experience with Windows 7,10 required
- Experience supporting Mac OS required
- Experience using software deployment tools
- Basic experience with A/V hardware and conference room setups (Control4 a plus)
- Basic support of video conferencing solutions such as Lifesize, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to work well independently
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system (JIRA Service Desk is a plus)
- Experience participating in an On-call rotation
- Identity management through Active Directory & Okta
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Experience developing scripts to automate day to day desktop activities (PowerShell, shell scripting, or python)
- Experience supporting Atlassian suite products like JIRA, Confluence and JIRA Service Desk
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git, Perforce
- Windows Server 2008/2012
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.