build engineer with aws for an information services company
We are currently looking for a remote Build Engineer with knowledge of AWS, experience with Linux SysAdmin experience and AppWorx experience to join our team.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The main pool of tasks is associated with the development of new features to improve Indexing Pipeline.
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support EBSCO’s products and services.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- DevOps (AWS Automation, Python, shell script) experience
- Linux SysAdmin Experience
- AppWorx Experience (potentially arrange a training)
- Good communication skills – will be interacting with Support level 2 (NES/India)
- Knowledge of Java
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.