database administrator for a data and information company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Database Administrator with 6+ months of database maintenance experience, and Snowflake/PostgreSQL proficiency to join our team.
The customer is a world-leading global provider of market intelligence, deal execution platforms, and investor communication tools to investment banks and corporations around the world.
As a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) you will be a member of the TechOps team and responsible for maintaining database managed services across the customer organization. You will be managing AWS RDS or Azure SQL databases and enabling the development lifecycle across diverse cloud database estates.
- Cloud Database Administration (AWS RDS SnowFlake/PostgreSQL/Azure SQL/Oracle/SQL Server)
- Cloud resource capacity planning (CPU, memory, IO, storage) and control cloud costs
- Monitoring of databases
- Housekeeping & Operational Support
- Execute Change releases
- Perform proactive checks on production servers and performance tuning
- Support development lifecycle through backup / restore operations
- Upgrading RDS and Azure SQL installations
- Support migrating on-prem databases to Cloud
- Collaborating with development teams on cloud databases
- Enabling and following database security best practices
- Minimum a Bachelor of Science degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- 6+ months experience as a Snowflake/PostgreSQL/SQL Server/Oracle DBA (focus on Snowflake and PostgreSQL)
- Linux shell scripting
- Windows and Linux O/S proficiency
- PL/SQL or T-SQL Knowledge is preferred
- AWS/Azure Cloud knowledge is preferred but not required
- Experience with global teams
- Experience liaising with business and development groups
- Previous experience with change control policies
- Experience in a company with agreed Service Level Agreements to internal business units or external clients
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for finding solutions through discussions with team members
- Problem solving skills – you enjoy solving complex problems, and are comfortable exploring them even if the problem and solution are not yet well-defined
- Always improving something – whether it’s learning a new database, or finding better ways to do things in your team or organizationally, continuous improvement is important
- Practical – assess the circumstances and make the best decision based on the facts
- English level proficiency B1
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.