development team lead (big data) for a business services company
We are looking for a remote Big Data Development Team Lead with 5+ years of Big Data and Analytics experience, ETL, and AWS knowledge to join our team.
The customer is a provider of high-quality business services in such areas as IT, Procurement, HR, Product Lifecycle Services, Financial Reporting and Analytics, and Real Estate and Facility Services.
- Understand requirements, clarify with BA and data analysts when necessary
- Together with a scrum master, ensure that work of team members is planned in the most optimal (but still aggressive) manner, to deliver planned result for a sprint/release
- Understand all details of work of team members, help to resolve issues
- Drive quality into the development process thru technical excellence and Agile development best practices
- Developing ETL transformations for data from various data sources (IQUVIA, SCOUT, SAP, unstructured files)
- Working in a feature team of developers and test engineers, deliver results every sprint in accordance with sprint and release plans; report about activities via agreed project tools, timely report about risks/issues/dependencies, apply efforts to resolve and move the work forward
- 5+ years of Big Data and Analytics experience
- 2+ years of experience in the Team Lead role
- Ability to work in mixed teams that may include EPAM colleagues, client’s engineers and managers as well as third-party vendors
- Strong skills in ETL, Spark, AWS, Java, Python, APIs, Databricks, Airflow
- Proficient working in AWS cloud environment (in particular Redshift, S3)
- Solid experience working in Agile projects
- Solid communication skills
- Strong English (B2+)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.