go to search
junior big data engineer for a banking and financial services corporation
Sorry the job is no longer available.
Junior Big Data Engineer for a Banking and Financial Services Corporation
We are currently looking for a remote Big Data Engineer with 6+ months of experience in Java to join our team.
The customer is a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services corporation operating across 18 markets.
- Play a developer role
- Write high quality and testable code following clean code principles
- Implement functionality by following defined software development process without direct supervision
- Read and understand project and requirement documentation
- Create documentation describing his/her code
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities: daily standup, demo session, retrospective, planning, etc.
- Polytechnic Diploma or above in Computer Science
- 6+ months of experience in software engineering and Big Data
- Advanced knowledge at least one programming language such as Java, Python, Scala
- Familiar with SQL, Bash
- Experienced in any of big data technologies and frameworks: Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka/ Kafka Streams, Hadoop, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Airflow, Jupyter
- Experience with Parquet, ORC, AVRO, CarbonData
- Experience with Lambda, Kappa, Data Lake
- Experience with NoSQL Data Bases
- Experience with Data platform
- Experience with Machine learning
- Experience in IT mostly with JVM based technologies and frameworks
- Background with different platforms and strong focus on back-ends / Big Data / Analytics Solutions
- Core professional expertise includes Platform Architecture, Data Pipelines Architecture, Infrastructure Deployment and Management
- Able to support existing and potential customers with requirements capture, solutions architecture, system design, solution prototyping
- Experience with building traditional Cloud Data Warehouses, Data Lakes. Close and intensive work on previous projects with Containers and Resource Management systems: Docker, Kubernetes, Yarn
- Designed, prototype and adjust end to end solution
- Designed and implemented set of ingestion workflow to parse, transform and validate input data
- English B2 and above (speaking and writing)
These jobs are for you
get job alerts in your inboxHundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals