lead aws engineer for a media company
We are currently looking for a remote Lead AWS Engineer with 5+ years of architecture and software design experience, and AWS expertise to join our team.
The customer provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of its end-users.
The main pool of tasks is associated with designing, architecting, and building core software products onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
- Assist a team of 2 DevOps and 1 Software Engineer to achieve following goals:
- Work with a team on design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support EBSCO’s products and services
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories
- Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met
- Suggest improvements to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products
- Adhere to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- 5+ years of architecture and software design
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Skills to implement optimal from performance, cost, usability, and maintainability points of view easy-scalable and distributed ETL solution
- Strong AWS architecture skills
- Experience in ETL solutions based on Apache Airflow, Astronomer, AWS Batch, AWS Step Functions (or mix of them like Astronomer + AWS Batch, or AWS Step Functions + AWS Batch)
- Knowledge of Python and Java
- Ability to do quick POC to benchmark and prove viability of one or another ETL solution
- Strong communication skills to understand business needs in different customer domains and design unified ETL solution for the entire organization
- Minimal infrastructure architecture skills to build optimal CI/CD
- Strong infrastructure architecture skills to build optimal CI/CD
- AWS: S3, EC2, SQS, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora DB, CloudFormation, Lambda
- Microservices: Spring Cloud, Kubernetes, ISTIO
- Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka, ZooKeeper
- ETL: StreamSets
- Monitoring: Sumo Logic, Datadog, Opsgenie
- UI/UX: React/Redux, Node.js
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.