lead big data analyst for a media company
We are inviting a remote Lead Big Data Analyst with 6+ years of professional experience as a Data Analyst, SQL, and Python knowledge to join our team.
The customer is a global media company providing Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
The main pool of tasks is associated with data quality checks using SQL and Python.
- Delivering actionable data insights from customer’s large and diverse set of first- and third-party data sources. This data will come from every aspect of the user journey and product experience - user on-boarding, registration, personalization, ad-sales. Data models will be both implicit and explicit
- Applying modern big data techniques to discover patterns in user behavior that can be leveraged to drive three main metrics – user frequency, user engagement and revenue yield
- Building models to segment and cluster consumers based on vast amount of digital and broadcast content – marrying these models with user behavior patterning to deliver personalized, unique experiences to each consumer
- Working closely with Product Managers, Designers, Audience Development and Content Development to identify areas of opportunity
- Working with the entirety of Direct-to-Consumer to build infrastructure and systems that support scalable self-serve analytical platform across the enterprise
- Evangelizing the work product of the data function within the company – both upward to executive management and across the organization to peer and constituent groups
- Solving complex business problem using deep data analysis
- Working collaboratively with a talented group of people to tackle challenging business problems so we all succeed as a team
- Master's or Bachelor's in Computer Science or similar
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Data Analyst mining large scale data and transform data points to knowledge
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Hands-on on Data Analysis tools and frameworks such as SQL, Hive, Spark QL or Python to analyze any amount of data to solve business requirements, feed in to engineering team to build data transformations, and ensure data is transformed and loaded accordingly
- Solid understanding of Big Data and other related databases and how an organization will be able build data driven products
- Familiar with technologies relevant to the data such as Hadoop, OLAP databases and visualization tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, or similar
- Experience with, and a thorough understanding of different database management platforms (e.g., Oracle, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Druid)
- Genuine interest to do conduct data mining and share the finding with internal team as well as business users
- Expert level knowledge in at least one programming language such as Python, R, Scala, Java
- Experience in working with large datasets (Terabytes or more)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Experience with machine learning models
- Data and analytics/measurement experience in digital or mobile app environment preferred
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.