You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a remote Lead Big Data and Cloud Solution Architect. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
Under the roof of the EPAM Big Data Competency Center, this team acts as the national point of attraction for subject matter experts in big data, analytics, and cloud computing. This opportunity allows you to make a direct impact through growth, influence, and contribution. You’ll also work alongside world class Big Data and advanced Analytics Engineers, AWS and Google Cloud Architects, Azure MVPs, pioneers of the big data movement, and contributors to open-source big data tech stack (Hadoop, in-memory grids, and streaming platforms).
- Understand emerging and evolving customer usage models and business requirements in big data and analytics; design a solution to address requirements and specify linearly scalable implementations on-prem and in-the-cloud
- Develop proposals for the customer and participate in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solutions
- Lead data engineering teams, kick-start projects and run proof of concepts in this field, deliver data products and data platforms adopted for load at scale and real-time
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
- Develop roadmaps and implementation strategy around analytics and data science initiatives including recommendation engines, predictive modeling, and machine learning
- Review and audit of existing solutions, redesign of existing architectures
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing distributed solutions
- Create technical documentation
- 5+ years of experience in requirements engineering, solution architecture, design, development, deployment and maintenance
- Experience in client driven end-to-end large-scale implementation projects
- Broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development and a across more than one technical domain; strong focus on back-ends, high-load, real-time, big data, IoT, cloud, analytics, and/or machine learning solutions
- Strong knowledge of underlying infrastructure for big data solutions (clustered/distributed computing, storage, data center networking and solutions security)
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, systems benchmarking, bottleneck problems analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Experience leading and managing technical teams with a deep understanding of Agile (Scrum, Kanban), RUP programming process
- Mentorship and collaboration experience
- Ability to help program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind
- Ability to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies, platforms and solutions
- Willingness and ability to extend and gain new technical/architectural expertise
- Strong communication skills including representing your company in industry standards organizations or industry technical events in big data, analytics, cloud computing
- English level: Upper-Intermediate+ (B2+)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.