lead big data engineer for a global entertainment company
We're looking for a remote Lead Data Engineer with practical experience in support and development for a scalable cloud-native Data Platforms with batch and streaming processing using Kafka and Spark to join our team.
The customer provides Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
- Work on a true Big Data project
- Dive deep into AWS Big Data world - pave the way & position yourself as an expert in the exploding domain
- Participate in the design – take part in an exploration effort, try a multitude of the AWS Big Data services, propose & defend architectural choices
- Communicate with the customer - work directly with the Customer team, led with the experienced yet open-minded management
- 1+ year of relevant leadership experience
- 6+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Python
- Data and API ninja – You are also very handy with big data framework such as Hadoop & Apache Spark, NoSQL systems such as Cassandra or DynamoDB
- Understand reactive programming and dependency injection such as Spring to develop REST services
- Have a technology toolbox – Hands on experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as Spark, Kafka, Apache Druid (or any other OLAP databases)
- Good understanding and practical experience with AWS
- Embrace ML – Work with data scientists to operationalize machine learning models and build apps to make use of power of machine learning
- At least Intermediate level of both spoken and written English (B1 and higher)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.