lead big data engineer for a streaming service provider
We are currently looking for a remote Lead Big Data Engineer with 5+ years of data engineering experience and good command of Apache Flink and Apache Spark to join our team.
The customer is an American subscription video on demand service controlled and majority-owned by the business segment consisting of streaming services and overseas media businesses of one of the world's biggest mass media and entertainment conglomerate.
- Work with the team to build a streaming platform from scratch
- Create and maintain data pipelines and warehouses systems to power the best user experience through effective data processing
- Work on building out the core backend services
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of critical backend services
- Build highly scalable and available systems that are well tested and maintainable
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve product and business requirements
- Experiment with new technologies scale for the future
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Strong background and experience with streaming and big data tools and technologies such as Flink, Samza, Spark, Hadoop, Storm and Kafka Streams
- Experience with data model design and data warehouse
- Good command of Java 8 or above
- Hands-on experience with Spring Framework, especially Spring Boot
- Solid AWS skills
- SQL and NoSQL databases working experience
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Ample experience working with large scale distributed data processing
- English level - B1+
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- 1+ year of relevant leadership experience
- Experience with Amazon Kinesis and EMR
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.