lead big data software developer for a travel shopping company
We are currently looking for a remote Lead Big Data Software Developer with 8+ years of relevant software development experience in e-commerce and Big data to join our team.
The customer is an online travel agency and metasearch engine that helps book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruise ships, and vacation packages.
- Scoping and delivering various Big Data solutions
- Being able to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture
- Managing the technical communication between the survey vendor and internal systems
- Maintaining the production systems
- Collaborating with other development and research teams
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience in e-commerce and Big data, No SQL technologies
- 1+ year of relevant leadership experience
- Experience with modern languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Rest APIs, Redis, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
- Experience in working on large scale projects (> 100M events a day)
- Experience in testing, automating, and instrumenting your code
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, EMR) and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Chef)
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum Software methodologies (scrum, XP) and AWS technologies like S3, EMR and EC2
- English level B2+