lead devops engineer for a molecular information company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer.
Our client is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient's unique cancer. The company's clinical assays for solid tumors, hematologic malignancies, and sarcomas provide a comprehensive genomic profile to identify the molecular alterations in a patient's cancer and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. The company’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Through constant innovation, the company aims to make breakthroughs to help achieve improved outcomes for more individuals living with cancer. Its approach combines genomic profile products and data services to generate insights that can help doctors match patients to more treatment options and help accelerate the development of new therapies.
The project team is working on Migration of existent Dynamics CRM 2016 On-premises to Dynamics 365 Online as well as ongoing engineering for the client's needs. Currently, we are searching for a strong .NET DevOps with AWS Cloud knowledge and experience. You will have the opportunity to visit our client in the US for 1 month approximately. Good soft skill level would be a must to be able to communicate and interact with the client on the appropriate level. Main activities will be related to supporting the client’s team in terms of consultancy, building CI/CD process, building Jenkins pipeline, and establishing monitoring of different client’s systems via New Relic.
- Manage technical aspects of end-to-end release lifecycle for applications delivered by development team, from a DevOps standpoint
- Work on release automation (Continuous Deployment)
- Work on Build automation (Continuous Integration)
- Contribute to design and deploy of solution, in capacity planning
- Setup monitoring, conduct performance audit and performance optimization
- Follow and understand a defined ITIL/ITSM process, train other team members, and contribute in process improvement
- Initiate development environment creation and maintenance; introduce process improvements
- Assemble and build product/component/work product
- Plan configuration management
- Maintain configuration items and CMS
- Perform baseline audits
- Be a role model for colleagues; create deliverables in high quality
- Participate in staff hiring/career development
- Participate in phone conferences; be involved in customer workshops and presentations; visit customers without supervision
- 4+ years’ experience as DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in modern DevOps automation toolchains, the AWS ecosystem, and modern containerization, orchestration, and virtualization technologies
- Good scripting/automation skills
- Significant exposure to containerization (Docker)
- Jenkins CI/Jenkins Pipelines using experience for CI/CD processes
- Familiarity with GitHub
- PowerShell using experience
- Monitoring tools expertise (New Relic will be a big plus)
- MSBuild experience would be a plus
- Experience in bug/ development tracking systems
- Understanding of concepts of software development cycle
- Experience with Project Management software
- Expertise and skills to initiate, supervise, design, manage implementation of solutions and processes, coordinate project teams, do service delivery management
- Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies
- Ability to create high-quality design, technical and project documentation including documentation of his/her code and solution; to write high-quality use cases and audit documentation
- Strong ownership and personal responsibility
- Leadership skills, basics in RM and PM
- Expected to be self-managing, take technical responsibility for a subsystem or a whole project, work without supervision and test his work thoroughly using test cases
- Upper-Intermediate (B2) level of both written and spoken English is a must
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.