lead devops engineer for revolutionary skincare company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead DevOps Engineer.
Our customer is a revolutionary skincare company providing dermatologist-inspired, clinically tested products that work. They’re all about offering life-changing skincare and life-changing opportunities. Founded by world-renowned Stanford-trained dermatologists it is #1 premium anti-aging and acne brand and #2 premium skincare company in the U.S. It is also the most fast-growing skincare brand in the United States over the past 5 years.
Company is redefining an entrepreneurial sales model in the direct selling channel which allows Independent Consultants to establish their own businesses with products they use and love and be rewarded for their volume of Customer sales. The goal of every corporate employee is to use their power to empower our Independent Consultants and support their Customers. It takes a community of smart, passionate, forward-thinking, creative employees from a multitude of disciplines, who are better together to drive record growth this fast.
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers
- Interact with the customer via email, calls, onsite meetings, etc.
- Environment buildouts and deployment
- Ability to troubleshoot (performance, networking, infrastructure)
- Ability to deal with different tasks which are non-similar and related to different areas of tech activities
- Hosting distributed systems on a cloud provider (AWS) and on prem
- Containerization (such as Docker, K8S)
- Practical knowledge of scripting (Bash, Python, Groovy) is a plus
- Understanding of monolith / microservices applications
- “Infrastructure as code” mindset. (Ansible) is a plus
- Apache / Nginx experience is a plus
- Monitoring (app and infrastructure, including performance etc) experience is a plus. Splunk and New Relic as a service
- Building and deploying mobile application is a plus
- Support of legacy .NET stack (fading out in 2019). Mostly IIS sites with middleware components
- 5+ years’ experience across entire SDLC, DevOps and CI/CD, End-to-End Support
- 1+ year of team-leading experience
- Excellent understanding and strong hands-on expertise in DevOps stack (including CI/CD, build tools, release engineering etc.)
- Shell Scripting and Linux Administration experience
- Understanding of SDLC, experience in working with Agile, using JIRA or other tools
- Proficiency in operating Java-based applications in a large-scale environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with focus on working in team environment and following defined policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Being able to accommodate late/early hours (occasionally)
- Ability to work collaboratively with client as part of distributed team
- Good English skills both written and spoken