lead golang developer for retail company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Golang Developer to join our team.
Our customer is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets (also called supercenters), discount department stores, and grocery stores in the U.S.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will work with other developers and DevOps practitioners to produce mission-critical infrastructure, tools, and processes that will ensure the highest level of availability and reliability of all our websites. As a Lead member of the team, you will be expected to work with management, peers, and customers to define and implement the technical vision of the team.
- Working cross-functionally amongst a variety of teams and be a core contributor in every significant engineering service or solution that we deliver to our stakeholders
- Working directly with our Software Engineering teams to build our next generation “always up” cloud-based e-commerce/Stores/Distribution Center and Enterprise platform
- Excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization
- 5+ years in a software development, DevOps role, or SRE role
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: Go (must have), Java, Python, Ruby, Shell
- Experience in designing, investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise systems
- Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, Azure OpenStack
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions like AppDynamics, New Relic, Prometheus, Graphite, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, etc.
- Knowledge of networking and in-depth understanding of network concepts, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing)
- Understanding of Unix, Linux systems from Kernel to Shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way; experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Understanding of Unix systems internals and networking
- Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a solid awareness of ownership, initiative and drive
- English level B2+