lead java developer
Currently, we are looking for a remote Lead Java Developer to join our global team.
The customer is the world's leading oilfield services company providing cutting-edge solutions for reservoir characterization, drilling, production & processing.
- Maintenance - debugging, bug fixing, fixing technical debt and security vulnerabilities, etc. Due to the large number of services and libraries owned by the team, most of our capacity goes into maintaining them. Each sprint a different person is chosen as a dedicated SRE and responsible for observing PROD issues and fixing them
- Resolving technical challenges & blockers. Making design decisions (mostly code and sometimes architectural). The team works mostly on technical user stories and rarely on business functionality. Close communication with architect, team lead and DevOps Team
- DevOps - implementing CI/CD and fixing CI/CD related issues, setting up & configuring logging, monitoring, alerting tools
- Testing - unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, etc.) & integration testing (Cucumber, WireMock, etc.)
- Implementation of business functionality on rare occasions
- Planning, estimation, doing WBS (work breakdown), etc
- 5+ years of experience in Java Development
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- Good Java + Spring Boot knowledge is a must
- Good understanding of Microservices and inter-service communication mechanisms like Messaging (Kafka and Google PubSub) and REST
- Familiarity with container or virtualisation technologies, e.g, K8S (AKS, GKE)
- DevOps experience (besides K8s and Cloud)
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Bash
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Python
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.