lead ruby on rails developer for a cloud storage company
Currently, we are looking for a Remote Lead Ruby on Rails Developer with 5+ years of industry experience on large-scale distributed systems and strong skills in Ruby, Scala or similar languages to join our team.
The customer is an online cloud document storage service. The resource contains more than 1,000,000 documents. The company is building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents and more. Their community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
- Influence the way to build the platform which helps in having shorter iterations on feature development which has a direct impact on growth and revenue
- Working on the payments infrastructure to create a platform that helps the API consumers to integrate with payment systems quickly and efficiently
- Implementing projects considering quality, maintainability, performance, scale and observability throughout the development process
- Writing technical documentation based on the project proposals
- Improving or building solutions that address the architectural gaps and technical debt
- Advising on technical design, reviewing code, participating in interviews and mentoring junior team members
- A bachelor or master's degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years experience coding in modern consumer facing web applications
- 1+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Scala, AWS, Redis
- An appetite to learn and grow professionally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we're remote!)
- Passion for back-end engineering
- A desire to continuously improve the quality of the applications you work on.
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of database design best practices for high throughput applications
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- A focus on creating value for our customers
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2