lead scala developer for a video game development company
We're looking for a remote Lead Scala Developer with 5+ years of back-end development experience, and Cloud.AWS + IaC tools proficiency to join our team.
The customer is an American video game and software developer and publisher, developing a commercially available game engine that also powers their internally developed video games.
You will become a member of the Online Game Services team which is responsible for Online Platform Development. The team is developing services providing online game capabilities both for Internal projects and games as well as for third-party game developers.
- Developing scalable backend web services using Scala language
- Developing & maintaining a live service with ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose issues
- Working with non-relational databases (Mongo, Dynamo, Redis)
- Creating a system design, integrating upstream and downstream components in a complicated web of microservices
- 5+ years of back-end development experience using Scala
- 1+ year of relevant leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of Scala (+ opt. Akka, Finatra)
- Experience with Java or Python
- Experience with Game Backend Services is optional
- Strong experience with Cloud.AWS (LB, ASG, AZ, SNS/SQS, EC2, EC) + IaC tools
- Experience in System Design, Microservice Architecture
- English level C1+
- Experience with developing Online Games, Game Servers
- Experience with integrating external services and APIs and common auth models
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.