go to search
middle aws developer for an entertainment company
Amazon Web Services, Python, Datadog, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon S3, AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Budgets, Amazon EC2
Sorry the job is no longer available.
Middle AWS Developer for an Entertainment Company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Middle AWS Developer to become a part of the global team.
The customer provides Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
- Work with the different software development and engineering teams to identify optimization opportunities to maximize ROI on cloud resources and work towards making cloud infrastructure cost-efficient
- Work to fully understand the client’s product and the way it is architected and deployed in the cloud, and the associated costs for each portion of the environment
- Partnering with architects and engineers to advise on architecture and resource optimization, waste management, capacity management, KPI development
- Monitor and identify increases in Cloud costs and other usage anomalies and be able to investigate the source of these increases
- Tracking utilization of cloud reservation/savings plans and working with teams to re-purpose freed up capacity
- Evaluating and investigating data patterns and anomalies to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
- Recommend savings opportunities related to cloud commitment purchases (Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, Spot, Committed/Sustained use) and track utilization of these commitments
- Determine areas of efficiency and develop plans for optimization
- Develop, modify and maintain cloud costs and utilization reports, dashboards, and cost usage alerting and forecasting
- Implement dashboards and automated reporting for cost and cost compliance
- Partake in creating, maturing, automating and governing Cost Optimization policies and best practice
- Reporting of KPIs and recommended savings opportunities
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure cost improvements are working
- 2+ years of experience as an AWS Developer
- Understanding AWS cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization at scale in AWS.
- Expertise with tools such as AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Cost and Usage Report, AWS Budgets, CloudHealth
- Experience creating cost optimization dashboards, models and reports for engineering teams that utilize cloud services
- Be detail-oriented and excited about turning data into insights
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
These jobs are for you
get job alerts in your inboxHundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals