We are currently looking for a remote Middle Big Data Engineer with 2+ years of experience to join our team.
The customer is an American video game and software developer and publisher, developing a commercially available game engine that also powers their internally developed video games.
In this position you will help build and manage big data streaming technologies. You'll be deeply involved with optimizing our existing streaming services, evaluating new technologies, managing cloud infrastructure and more. The ingestion pipelines peak at over 90GB per minute. If you’re interested in working with data at massive scale, this position is for you.
- Building and supporting highly available streaming services, written in Java/Scala using Apache Flink
- Operating and developing applications on distributed NoSQL key-value stores such as HBase, DynamoDB or FoundationDB
- Managing cloud infrastructure launched in AWS via Terraform
- Participating in an on-call rotation for customer streaming tech stack
- Evaluating new technologies and components of the Big Data ecosystem that are not yet part of our environment
- 2+ years of experience in Big Data Engineering
- Experience building high throughput Java/Scala streaming services using technologies such as Flink or Spark
- Strong understanding of distributed message brokers such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Experience with performance tuning of distributed computing technologies at massive scale
- Experience working with AWS services such as Kinesis, EC2, EMR, RDS via infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience working with high throughput, distributed NoSQL databases
- Capable of independently performing root cause analysis on high throughput systems
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.