middle c++ software engineer with sql server for a construction company
We are currently looking for a remote Middle Software Engineer with 2+ years of C++ development experience and familiarity with SQL Server to join our team.
The customer is a leading provider of construction information and technology solutions in North America. The company helps commercial construction firms simplify and streamline preconstruction with the largest network, most accurate project information, and only all-in-one construction platform with any time, anywhere access.
The main pool of tasks is associated with NextGen platform design and development, bug fixing, and performance optimization.
- Play as a developer to contributing to the design and implementation of complex code in C++
- Write high quality and testable code following clean code and SOLID design principles
- Plan and schedule own work for tasks and projects, also implement functionality without direct supervision
- Perform profiling and troubleshooting of existing solution requirements
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering and development using C++
- Understanding of code quality measurements and able to implement efficient unit tests
- Software design pattern knowledge and object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) skills
- Experience with relational database technologies e.g., SQL Server, Access
- Experience with source code control tools (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Good interpersonal skills, analytical mind, get things done attitude, and passion for engineering excellence
- Ability to analyze several possible decisions of engineering problem and evaluate which one is better suited
- In depth understanding of different phases of software development lifecycle and understanding of Agile Scrum processes
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Ability to understand project and requirement documentation, and to create documentation describing someone else’s code
- Ability to follow a defined software development process
- B1 or higher level of spoken and written English