middle devops engineer for an online retail company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Middle DevOps Engineer with 2+ years of experience in DevOps.CI/CD to join our team.
Our customer is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings, and fine jewelry. The company embraces a culture of adaptability. Its team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. The company values hard work, flexibility, and curiosity and collaborates to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes.
The main pool of tasks is associated with planning, developing, and maintaining the build and release process for all software, including the website.
This is an opportunity to help software engineers, DBAs, and QA engineers adopt continuous integration/deployment methodologies. The DevOps mission is to enable the agile teams to rapidly develop, test, and deploy high-quality releases. A self-service approach is favored; DevOps eliminates pain points and bottlenecks with automation so that users can execute day-to-day tasks for themselves. If you are passionate about helping people and creating automation to solve real-world problems, this position is for you. Your experience with best practices in software configuration management, environment standardization, and release technologies will enable you to define standards and processes with the teams.
The successful candidate has experience working with multiple technology teams, establishing standards, educating others, and working with minimal supervision while ensuring timely and high-quality deliverables. A strong desire to lead process improvement and change are vital. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required for success in this position.
- Lead the implementation of modern, high-quality build and deployment software
- Continually seek out opportunities for process improvement
- Establish and manage controls on test and production environments
- Automate the creation and maintenance of test environments
- Develop a sustainable configuration management process to include change control
- Identify, track, and report deployment metrics
- When necessary, be part of key chain of responsibility during on-call situations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps.CI/CD
- Experience in software configuration management
- Experience in developing automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience in maintaining and working with Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of common environment and configuration issues with web-based software
- Proficient in building and deploying Java web applications
- Experience building and deploying Node.js and React based services
- Proficient with at least one scripting language, such as Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with Git or other source control system
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite, including Bamboo a plus
- Experience in a build system such as GitLab and Git repo service
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- Proficient in managing cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform a plus). Exposure to Terraform/Pulumi
- English level proficiency B1
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.