middle java developer for information services company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Associate Java Developer to join our team.
The customer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors.
We are looking for an experienced, assertive, English-speaking senior Java developer to support the Legal Intelligence team to extend and maintain the content crawling engine for the largest commercial Legal Search system in the Netherlands. With a proper-sized scrum team, high-quality code being built is moving quickly to production.
- Work as a senior back-end developer to build new crawlers to retrieve relevant Legal content. You will be developing replacement crawlers and make improvements to the content retrieval systems
- Work in a full scrum team including a product owner, business analyst, a development lead, and a scrum master
- 2+ years of relevant experience in professional software development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least three years backend Java experience, including profound experience applying unit testing (Junit, Spring Batch, Spring Integration)
- A deep knowledge on the principles of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment, Unit Testing, Test Driven Development (Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Likes to develop test-driven in a way anything can be tested to determine the impact on the rest of the code
- Demonstrable experience using Jenkins, containers, web-scaping, and XML processing
- Any experience on Spring, OSGi, Cucumber is nice to have
- Experience in SQL (SQL Server, Derby)
- An assertive, studious and enthusiastic personality; Is not afraid to ask questions when running into issues or provides us with feedback when we do something (wrong)
- English level B2+
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.