middle java software engineer for a healthcare company
We are currently looking for a remote Middle Java Software Engineer with 2+ years of production experience to join our team.
The customer is an American company distributing pharmaceuticals and providing health information technology, medical supplies, and care management tools.
The main pool of tasks is associated with development and bug fixing of client current systems.
- Design and develop low-latency, scalable, high available, distributed application services and delivering high-availability and performance
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Write unit and integration tests
- Actively participate in the whole development process, from initial design up to launching the product
- Work within a team of developers to complete proposed initiatives, contributing application architecture and implementation guidance
- Collaborate with business analysts, application developers, QA analysts
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks
- Investigate performance and technical issues from production
- Follow and contribute to agile development processes
- Mentor and lead team members and advocate for quality coding and optimal processes
- Solve complex problems by utilizing the right development methodologies, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and maintainable solutions using appropriate technologies
- 2+ years of production experience
- Solid Java skills
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions
- Knowledge of JUnit/Mockito
- Working experience with service-oriented architecture (REST, SOAP) and solutions with complex business logic
- Knowledge of Hibernate, JPA, SQL
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work directly with the customer, representing others on the EPAM team
- Attention to detail and ability to work without supervision/control after onboarding stage, manage own time effectively
- Engineering approach to task solving
- English level proficiency B1
- Experience with Distributed Services, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, BPM/Activiti
- Knowledge of Groovy
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.