middle manual tester for a financial information company
We are currently looking for a remote Middle Manual Tester with 2+ years in a software testing position with strong experience in testing processes and methodologies to join our team.
The customer is a British-based stock exchange and financial information company. It helps companies to raise capital and investors to build their portfolios across a range of global markets.
The project is focused on a solution for bulk pricing and reference data requirements that provides access to broad, rich datasets that automatically update every 15 minutes, keeping clients’ security master current and accurate.
The Quality Engineering team in Beijing Operation Center is providing a wide variety testing with an emphasis on design around customer needs, aiming to deliver high quality data to our customers. This position is to find the candidate who will participate in solution release testing, including functional, regression and integration as appropriate.
- Understanding product functionality, data content, and system architecture of the product being tested
- Understanding the customer and how the product will be used by customer
- Designing and writing test plans and manual test cases for a wide variety of tests including functional, performance, regression, and operational resiliency. May be asked to do some data quality testing
- Executing automated testing scripts and be responsible for the test result analysis
- Executing defined testing scope within an established testing window
- Tracking and managing defects
- Reporting on testing status and results
- Understanding new technology and testing methods and being able to integrate those to benefit the team and our projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or any related fields
- 2+ years in a software testing position with strong experience in testing processes and methodologies: plan, design, execute and report
- Proficient in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
- Familiar with Agile methodology and good sense of quality ownership and risk assessment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English (B2 and above)
- Experience with Java/Python and Unix/Linux shell scripting is a big plus
- Experience with financial market data is a plus
- Experience with large projects and complicated systems (e.g., insurance company, banks, securities company, etc.) is highly preferred
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.