middle ruby on rails developer for a cloud storage company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Middle Ruby on Rails Developer with 3+ years of industry experience on large-scale distributed systems, and strong skills in Ruby, Scala, or similar languages to join our team.
The customer is an online cloud document storage service. The resource contains more than 1,000,000 documents. The company is building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents and more. Their community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
- Influence the way to build the platform which helps in having shorter iterations on feature development which has a direct impact on growth and revenue
- Working on the payments infrastructure to create a platform that helps the API consumers to integrate with payment systems quickly and efficiently
- Implementing projects considering quality, maintainability, performance, scale, and observability throughout the development process
- Writing technical documentation based on the project proposals
- Improving or building solutions that address the architectural gaps and technical debt
- Advising on technical design, reviewing code, participating in interviews and mentoring junior team members
- A bachelor or master's degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of industry experience on large scale distributed systems
- Ability to write production-level, clean, maintainable code
- Experience in any of the following: Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Python, Go, Scala
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with the team and stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross functional teams with product, data science and other engineering teams and experience working with scalable, reliable and high availability services
- Payments experience is preferred but not mandatory
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.