ruby on rails software engineer for EPAM project
We're looking for a remote Ruby on Rails Software Engineer with 6+ months of software development experience and commercial background in crafting and developing applications to join our growing team.
The project is aimed to enhance Engineering, Scaling & Integration. It's a future of manual testing capabilities for EPAM and its clients.
- Develop new user facing features
- Taking ownership on changes you implement, pro-active issue resolution
- Engineering a better code base with your team
- Collaborate within a smaller 8-10-person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organization
- Review Pull Requests from other developers
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes another test coverage
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers - we have pairing machines
- Enjoy collaborative, agile team environment
- Work in geo-distributed setup (Berlin, Minsk, St. Petersburg)
- Be awesome at what you do best – code!
- 6+ months of commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on Rails environment
- Understanding of object-orientated programming
- Desire to work with Domain Driven Design
- Will to work using Test Driven Development
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Redis and Sidekiq
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- REST API development experience
- Familiarity with web design patterns
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, work with an amazing team, and deliver software
- Well-developed soft skills
- Good spoken and written English (B1+)
- React.js is very nice to have
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.