scala team lead for a video game development company
We're looking for a remote Scala Team Lead with 6+ years of back-end development experience, and Cloud.AWS + IaC tools proficiency to join our team.
The customer is an American video game and software developer and publisher, developing a commercially available game engine that also powers their internally developed video games.
You will become a member of the Online Game Services team which is responsible for Online Platform Development. The team is developing services providing online game capabilities both for Internal projects and games as well as for third-party game developers. The candidate is expected to be a passionate engineer excited about solving impactful technical problems, who can assess a challenge, craft a well-architected solution, and run with implementation.
- Developing scalable backend web services using Scala language
- Developing & maintaining a live service; the ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose issues
- Working with non-relational databases (Mongo, Dynamo, Redis)
- Creating a system design, integrating upstream and downstream components in a complicated web of micro-services
- 6+ years of Scala development experience
- 2+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Strong experience with Cloud.AWS (LB, ASG, AZ, SNS/SQS, EC2, EC) + IaC tools
- Experience with Game Backend Services
- Experience with Java or Python
- Expert knowledge of Scala (+ opt. Akka, Finatra)
- Proficiency in System Design, Microservice Architecture
- English level C1+
nice to have
- Experience with developing Online Games, Game Servers
- Experience with integrating external services and APIs and common auth models