senior android developer for a video platform project
We’re looking for a remote Senior Android Developer with 3+ years of Android app or SDK development experience, Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, experience with modern software development tools to join our team.
With over 2 million websites using our web player, we know a thing or two about making video easy for developers to work with. Our mobile SDKs aim to provide those same world-class video tools to native app developers building Android and iOS applications. We’re not looking to make the next cool app, - we’re looking to enable the next thousand cool apps (and beyond) to build engaging video experiences.
- Create innovative, flexible media APIs for developers using the latest technologies, including Android Lollipop, System WebView, Chromecast, HTML5, VAST advertising, Google IMA, MPEG-DASH, HLS, WebM and more
- Build and maintain JW Player SDK for Android deliverables (.aar library, demo applications, API documentation, etc.)
- Prototype new ideas and explore innovative new features in the SDK
- Interact with our growing community of Android developers
- Work on a cross-functional team to define business requirements and set product direction
- Work as part of a scrum team in an Agile environment
- 3+ years Android app or SDK development experience
- Experience working in a team of agile, collaborative, and resourceful engineers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern software development tools such as git, Jenkins, gradle, etc.
- English level: Intermediate+ (B1+)
- Mobile video experience (Android MediaPlayer, ffmpeg, libav)
- Contributions to open-source media projects
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.