go to search
senior big data engineer for a video game development company
Sorry, the job is expired
Senior Big Data Engineer for a Video Game Development Company
We are looking for a remote Senior Big Data Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Data Intelligence and Big Data to help build and manage big data streaming technologies.
The customer is an American video game and software developer and publisher, developing commercially available game engine which also powers their internally developed video games.
The main pool of tasks is associated with optimizing our existing streaming services, evaluating new technologies, managing cloud infrastructure, and more. The ingestion pipelines peak at over 90GB per minute.
- Building and supporting highly available streaming services, written in Java/Scala using Apache Flink
- Operating and developing applications on distributed NoSQL key-value stores such as HBase, DynamoDB or FoundationDB
- Managing cloud infrastructure launched in AWS via Terraform
- Participating in an on-call rotation for Epic Games streaming tech stack
- Evaluating new technologies and components of the big data ecosystem that are not yet part of our environment
- 3+ years of experience in Data Intelligence and Big Data
- Experience building high throughput Java/Scala streaming services using technologies such as Flink or Spark
- Strong understanding of distributed message brokers such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Experience with performance tuning of distributed computing technologies at massive scale
- Experience working with AWS services such as Kinesis, EC2, EMR, RDS via infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience working with high throughput, distributed NoSQL databases
- Capable of independently performing root cause analysis on high throughput systems
benefits for locations
- Insurance Coverage
- Paid Leaves – including maternity, bereavement, paternity, and special COVID-19 leaves.
- Financial assistance for medical crisis
- Retiral Benefits – VPF and NPS
- Customized Mindfulness and Wellness programs
- EPAM Hobby Clubs
For your comfortable work
- Hybrid Work Model
- Soft loans to set up workspace at home
- Stable workload
- Relocation opportunities with ‘EPAM without Borders’ program
For your growth
- Certification trainings for technical and soft skills
- Access to unlimited LinkedIn Learning platform
- Access to internal learning programs set up by world class trainers
- Community networking and idea creation platforms
- Mentorship programs
- Self-driven career progression tool
get job alerts in your inboxHundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.