senior big data software engineer
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Big Data Software Engineer with 9+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Python to join our team.
The customer provides Direct-to-Consumer services encompassing global entertainment and news TV properties, TV stations group, and radio businesses.
- Ensure high quality performance by implementing and refining robust data processing using Java, Scala or Python
- Build scalable analytics solution, including data processing, storage and serving large-scale data through batch and stream
- Help operationalize machine learning models and build apps
- Contribute to making our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable
- Participate in code review sessions
- 9+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Python
- Data engineering skills (data ingestion, storage and processing) in batch and streaming solutions using Kafka and Spark
- Understanding and practical experience with AWS
- Skills with big data framework such as Hadoop & Apache Spark, NoSQL systems such as Cassandra or DynamoDB, streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Understand reactive programming and dependency injection such as Spring to develop REST services
- Experience working with data scientists to operationalize machine learning models and build apps to make use of power of machine learning
- Experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as Spark, Kafka, Apache Druid (or any other OLAP databases)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Spoken and written English level - B1 and higher
- Deep knowledge in Cloud technologies (AWS)
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.