senior big data software engineer for a computer software company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior Big Data Software Engineer with 5+ years of relevant experience in Big Data engineering area to join our team.
The customer is a provider of software as a service and cloud-based remote connectivity services for collaboration, IT management and customer engagement. The company's products give users and administrators access to remote computers.
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse lifecycle phases to design an integrated quality solution that address requirements
- Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure required to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Design and plan for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues to the team
- Develop implementation and operation support plans
- Provide data design, data extracts and transforms
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using AWS Services, EMR, Python, Pig and Spark
- Mentor and develop other junior data engineers
- Contribute to the high-quality data architecture to support business analysts, data scientists and customer reporting needs
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- 5+ years of experience in writing complex, highly optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Big Data engineering area
- Skills in data modeling, ETL development and data warehousing
- Skills with AWS services, including S3, EMR, Kinesis and RDS
- Knowledge of big data stack of technologies, including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Pig, Presto
- Experience with using Airflow, creating and maintaining DAGs, Operators and Hooks
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- English level - B1
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.