senior data software engineer
Join our remote team as a Senior Data Software Engineer.
We are actively seeking a hands-on and deeply technical engineer to collaborate closely with development peers, product leadership, and other technical staff to create innovative and impactful solutions. This role offers an opportunity to contribute significantly to the design, development, and optimization of features in a dynamic Agile development environment, with a focus on Databricks workflows, APIs, and Data Engineering.
- Design and develop new features using the Agile development process (Scrum)
- Prioritize and ensure high-quality standards at every stage of development
- Guarantee reliability, availability, performance, and scalability of systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot code in large-scale, complex environments.
- Collaborate with Developers, Product and Program Management, and senior technical staff to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Provide technical input for new feature requirements, partnering with business owners and architects
- Ensure continuous improvement by staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Drive the implementation of solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring code quality and adherence to standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals
- Actively contribute to architectural and technical discussions
- At least 3 years of production experience in Data Software Engineering
- Expertise in Databricks, Microsoft Azure, PySpark, Python, and SQL for building both within development and enabling deployment to production
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub, (or others), and version control for effective project management
- Ability to develop end-to-end production solutions
- Strong experience working on one or more cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP, AWS
- Experience in building out robust data pipelines
- Ability to tie loose ends together for solutions across systems
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English, at an upper-intermediate level or higher
nice to have
- Experience with REST APIs and Power BI would be a plus