senior devops engineer
We are looking for a highly skilled remote Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team, responsible for maintaining and improving the infrastructure of our software solutions using Amazon Web Services and other cutting-edge technologies.
In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the reliability and scalability of our systems, proposing and implementing improvements and upgrades. If you have a strong background in DevOps, experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform, and a passion for continuous improvement, we invite you to join our team.
- Monitor and maintain the health of component-related infrastructure across multiple environments
- Propose, implement improvements, and perform component upgrades
- Improve the reliability and scalability of the whole system
- Work closely with the development and other platform component streams
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage for our production infrastructure (~2 shifts per month as primary support engineer)
- Support the AWS team with the following initiatives: ongoing support of AWS deployment including hybrid components with on-prem deployment (using Cilium), preparing for full AWS migration, FinOps and Security initiatives support and implementation
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience in working with Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, or similar)
- Proven experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficiency in AWS
- Production experience and understanding of cluster management systems like Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, and ECS
- Practical experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, etc.)
- Practical experience with Monitoring systems (Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Dynatrace)
- Excellent communication skills and strong critical thinking capabilities to effectively convey feedback and insights
- Good organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset, crucial for meticulous testing efforts
- Fluent spoken and written English at an Upper-Intermediate level or higher