senior devops engineer for a chemical company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior DevOps Engineer with 3+ years of DevOps experience, familiarity with the AWS platform and good Python scripting skills to join our team.
The customer is a Norwegian chemical company that is mainly focused on the production of nitrogen fertilizer, however it also encompasses the production of nitrates, ammonia, urea and other nitrogen-based chemicals.
- Build and develop the global cloud platform for infrastructure, security and operations
- Empower and support solution teams in getting to production and running stable services
- Organize global operations and incident response process and tooling
- Run and maintain our production infrastructure in AWS (Kubernetes)
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance and application issues within distributed systems generally, and Kubernetes in particular
- Develop monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple data centers
- Conduct capacity analysis and planning, traffic routing and security policies
- Support, guide and educate the development teams on production ready, scalable engineering patterns
- Drive adoption of and adherence to global operations and infrastructure standards in the local development teams
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Familiarity with the AWS platform
- Kubernetes experience
- Good Python scripting skills
- Terraform experience
- Good knowledge of the agile methodology and experience working in accordance with it
- Prior experience of working with international teams
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Familiarity with Linux
- Prior experience with Helm
- Istio knowledge and skills
- Experience with any monitoring and observability tools
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.