senior devops engineer for a media company
We are currently looking for a remote Senior DevOps Engineer to join the global team.
The customer is one of the leading mass media companies primarily involved in the media and entertainment industry. It owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
- Work in a cross-functional team to design and implement the next generation of CI/CD platform as a service in-house product
- Leverage Kubernetes operators, Tekton and Spinnaker pipelines to automate the deployment and administration of applications across multiple environments on-prem and in the cloud
- Define workflows and processes to meet Infrastructure-as-Code objectives
- Actively facilitate continuous improvement
- Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends
- Provide tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services
- Design and build RESTful microservices enabling the application of role-based access control, network policies, and service registration
- Migrate and maintain stateful services from on-prem to cloud-based Kubernetes cluster
- Generate requirements and test integration of third-party vendor product
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Proficiency in cloud-native technologies and architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, Calico, Portworx, OpenShift)
- Proper level of foundational knowledge of Linux, networking, DNS and other core infrastructural components
- Proficiency in revision control and DevOps best practices (Git)
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical coworkers
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Broad and deep knowledge with an ability to learn quickly
- Responsible, self-motivated, and highly dependable
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity
- Experience with public or private cloud services (Azure, OpenStack)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment tools and platforms (Spinnaker, Tekton, Ansible)
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Familiarity with Application Monitoring (Datadog, Pagerduty)
- Experience with Databases is a plus (Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.