senior functional testing engineer for a software company
We're looking for a remote Senior Functional Testing Engineer with 3+ years of QA experience and Linux proficiency to join our team.
The customer is one of the largest computer networking firms in the world, offering operating software, network management software, hardware, and services. It was one of the first computer companies to provide proficiency certification for users of its products.
The project is focused on providing regular updates, installable media, and per-request fixes to the Linux OS components.
- Help the team to analyze incoming requests through recreate customers environment
- Assure and test provided fixes and patches
- Write new appropriate test cases
- Automate routine
- Process non-standard requests if needed
- Transfer knowledge to the team members
- Knowledge of Linux subsystems & internals, system administration, containerization & virtualization (VirtualBox, docker, LXC, LXD, QEMU)
- Experience with Linux package management systems (apt, yum, dnf, rpm, dpkg, flatpack, etc.), basic networking
- 3+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in QA methodology
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Knowledge of Python, bash
- Communication skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Proficient English (written and spoken) B2
- Experience with SELinux , SCE, SSG is a plus
- Knowledge of Ruby/Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Ability to read sources written in C is a plus
- Participation in free/libre/open-source related activities
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.