senior java developer
Join our remote team as a Senior Java Developer. We are actively seeking a hands-on and deeply technical developer to collaborate closely with development peers, product leadership, and other technical staff to create innovative and impactful solutions. This role offers an opportunity to contribute significantly to the design, development, and optimization of features in a dynamic Agile development environment.
- Design and develop new features using the Agile development process (Scrum)
- Prioritize and ensure high-quality standards at every stage of development
- Guarantee reliability, availability, performance, and scalability of systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot code in large-scale, complex environments.
- Collaborate with Developers, Product and Program Management, and senior technical staff to deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Provide technical input for new feature requirements, partnering with business owners and architects
- Ensure continuous improvement by staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Drive the implementation of solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring code quality and adherence to standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals
- Actively contribute to architectural and technical discussions
- At least 3+ years of production experience in Java development
- Be hands-on with deep expertise in server development in Java, in both functional and non-functional areas
- Deep expertise in Spring Framework for building scalable and high-performance applications
- Experience with SQL Databases for designing and managing database schema, including procedures, triggers, and views
- Experience in working with messaging systems: JMS, Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with Hibernate ORM for object-relational mapping and persistence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure for cloud-based infrastructure and application management
- Support applications and systems in a production environment, ensuring timely resolution of issues
- Reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical design for implementation
- Experience in working with microservices architecture pattern for designing and building scalable applications
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English, at an upper-intermediate level or higher
nice to have
- Experience with Docker for containerization and deployment
- Familiarity with Test-driven development (TDD) and Acceptance Test-driven development (ATDD) for quality assurance
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, EKS, Kubernetes for cloud-based infrastructure and application management