senior java developer for a media company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Java Developer with 3+ years of experience with HTTP, RESTful, and SOAP APIs to join our team.
The customer is one of the world’s leading broadband, communication, and converged video companies, with operations in six European countries.
The project focus is on the server-side components required for video streaming. The range of potential involvements differs from video encoding and processing, big data, and networking.
- Designing and developing new microservices, extending existing ones with new features and technical capabilities
- Participating in Scrum events with the team
- Contributing to continuous delivery and integration pipeline infrastructure, platform-as-a-service contribution
- Working on improvements in development toolset including testing frameworks, deployments, monitoring
- Writing clean, well-structured and maintainable code with automated test coverage and corresponding documentation
- Sharing architectural design vision with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, architects, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Making technical design decisions with little supervision
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with HTTP, HTTP/2, RESTful and SOAP APIs, XML and JSON formats
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (GIT), Agile development, build processes, testing and operations
- Understanding of Microservices architecture, RESTful API design, Docker containers and cluster management systems like Kubernetes or Amazon ECS
- Experience with Java server micro frameworks: Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Ratpack or others
- Experience with legacy system integration and phased application integration
- English level B2+
nice to have
- Good knowledge of Media Delivery technologies
- Good knowledge of streaming technologies like HLS, DASH, Smooth streaming