go to search
Senior Java Developer for an educational company
Currently, we are looking for a Remote Senior Java Developer for an educational company for our team.
The customer is an American educational company that deals with content, technology, and services company for higher education. It is one of the largest and leading education publishers worldwide.
As part of consolidating customers’ learning platforms, they are migrating all STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) content to a single target platform. This process involves converting millions of content items and assets (typically, XML created by a custom content authoring tool and then rendered by some run-time content service).
- Developing and code reviewing
- Analyzing and work breaking-down
- Estimating effort (both tasks and mini-projects)
- Updating statuses to customer during daily stand-ups.
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Strong experience with Java 7-8 SE, Spring MVC
- Experience in developing parsers & converters
- Proficiency with XML tools & libraries, XPath, XQuery, XSL-T
- Marklogic (XML DB) knowledge, or readiness to quickly familiarize oneself with its APIs
- Personal traits: flexibility, ability to collaborate with the customer on clarifying task definitions and propose solutions, ready to work in classic agile environment (as opposed to scrum)
- English B2 or higher (direct communication with client's technical teams and project manager)
nice to have
- Knowledge of:
- Apache Spark
- Spring Boot
- Ability to develop simple front-ends (Full-stack capability)
- Knowledge Python for simple data processing / ETL would be a plus
benefits for locations
- Discounts on health insurance, sport clubs, shopping centers, cinema tickets, etc.
- Stable income
- Flexible roles
For your comfortable work
- 100% remote work forever
- EPAM hardware
- EPAM software licenses
- Access to offices and co-workings
- Stable workload
- Relocation opportunities
- Flexible engagement models
For your growth
- Free trainings for technical and soft skills
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- Language courses
- Free access to internal and external e-Libraries
- Certification opportunities
- Skill advisory service
get job alerts in your inboxHundreds of open jobs for Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Business Analysts and other tech professionals
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.