senior java developer for insurance company
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Java Developer to join our team.
We are a global organization with around 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. We help people and businesses manage their risks – from homes and cars to some of the largest multinational corporations on the planet.
We invest in providing our people with training and development so they can enjoy rewarding and challenging careers, whether in more traditional insurance roles like Underwriting or Claims, or the many other areas such as IT, HR, Marketing and Finance.
We also have a proud history of supporting our local communities and encourage our colleagues to get involved in our many corporate social responsibility programmes.
The company's Ireland’s IT department is comprised of five competency centres reporting to the Head of IT. Each competency centre is focused upon a specific capability such that when combined they operate as a cohesive partnership aimed at providing application delivery and maintenance capabilities for our customers.
The Web competency is responsible for building and maintaining five external Company's websites as well as a collection of internal services and portals. The team works with business colleagues and other teams within IT to deliver projects within the IT delivery programme.
- As a member of our Team , you will design and build quality and robust technical solutions based upon agreed business requirements
- Prepare and apply software releases between development, test and production environments.
- Triage, diagnose and remediate production issues in a complex technical environment.
- 3 years plus experience in a similar Java/J2EE software developer role.
- · Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- · Server-side Java development experience with J2EE (JMS, Web Services etc) and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- · Experience building responsive web applications using modern front-end technologies such as CSS and HTML5.
- · Experience with modern browser technologies and JSON over REST-based data exchange.
- · Experience in a Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using Enterprise Integration Patterns.
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.