senior java software engineer with aws for a luxury company
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 4+ years of development experience in Java, proficiency in Kubernetes, and familiarity with AWS to join our team.
The customer is an American luxury department store chain. It originated as a shoe store and evolved into a full-line retailer with departments for clothing, footwear, handbags, jewellery, accessories, cosmetics, and fragrances.
The main pool of tasks is associated with design, implementing, and supporting of customer's ecosystem on-prem, in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Develop modern, large scale services and modern web-based tools and applications for use by internal teams in a fast-paced Retail environment
- Improvement and support of existing services and applications
- Working with onsite/customer team members, build distributed systems that integrate with a larger data and services ecosystem
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support
- Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Anticipate system/application challenges, present valid arguments, and propose solutions for the identified challenges or already existing problems
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage
- Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery
- Adjust positively to quickly changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- Performing other related duties as assigned may be required
- 4+ years of current professional experience working with Core Java, Java EE
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Web services (SOAP, REST)
- Experience with messaging/streaming apps
- Basic Java concurrency
- Experience with SQL:2011
- Experience with Bash Shell scripting
- Ability to create/document design for a feature
- English at least B1 as positions assume participation in verbal communications with the customer and on-site teams, as well as in on-call shifts rotation
- Java 8 & 11
- Oracle DB
- SQL (Oracle flavor)
- AWS (S3, EC2, EMR)
- Kubernetes (for newer services)
- Control-M (job scheduling system)
- RedHat 7 (for on-prem servers)
- Weblogic & JBoss (for older services)
- Splunk, Datadog, NewRelic
looking for something else?
Find a vacancy that works for you. Send us your CV to receive a personalized offer.