senior node.js developer
Currently, we are looking for a remote Senior Node.js Developer to join our global team.
The customer is one of the leading mass media company primarily involved in the media and entertainment industry. It owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses.
- Work closely with product management and the lead engineer to translate business requirements into scalable and highly available tools
- Implement Cloud and Microservice best practices while adhering to standard architecture patterns
- Develop microservice applications to support the media asset management systems and implement them using appropriate technologies & frameworks
- Drive the adoption of new technologies including containers, clustering, cloud computing, serverless and API
- Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team
- Integrate various software platforms and external 3rd party systems through vendor APIs.
- Work with vendor(s) on API implementation and troubleshooting, suggesting necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
- Configure Dev, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development, working closely with DevOps and QA teams
- 3+ years of experience in Node.js Development
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Solid experience working within a Microservices setting including REST/API development experience
- Must have experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Cognito, SQS, SNS
- Languages: Node.js primarily (asynchronous programming), though we also use some Java
- Solid experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration
- Experience developing software against documented third-party APIs and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
- Experience working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of network protocols and standards (e.g. DNS, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH)
nice to have
- Knowlwegde of CI/CD
- Knowlwegde of Docker
- Knowlwegde of GraphQL
- Knowlwegde of Java
- Knowlwegde of Unix